Send Us a Message

Contact Us
Call Us 617-482-3800

Harrington Law Offices
171 Milk Street
Suite 24
Boston, MA 02109
Fax: 617-778-0881
Map and Directions

Adjustment of Status Lawyer in Boston, MA

We Take the Confusion Out Of Applying For Adjustment Of Status

If you came to the U.S. as a nonimmigrant, for example, on a student or work visa, or as a refugee or asylee, you can change your status to immigrant and become a permanent resident. However, doing so requires an adjustment of status.

Adjustment of status is a process available to people who are already in the U.S. People who are not in the U.S. must go through the U.S. consular office. This eliminates the need to leave the U.S., return to your native country and re-enter as an immigrant.

At the Harrington Law Offices, in Boston, Massachusetts, we will help you adjust your status so you can obtain a green card and stay permanently in the U.S.

Understanding The Process

The process can be confusing and overwhelming. At Harrington Law Offices, attorney Daniel P. Harrington will work closely with you to make the process easier.

First, we will determine which immigrant category you fit into - employee, family member of a U.S. citizen, refugee or asylee - and prepare and file the necessary petitions. We will also help you obtain an immigrant visa.

Then, we will help you apply for permanent residency. At this point, you will be fingerprinted and have your photo taken, and a background check will be performed. If an interview is scheduled, we will prepare you for it and gather all necessary documentation.

We know you have many questions, and we will take the time to give you answers and explain the process, and your immigration options, to you.

Get Help With Adjustment Of Status. Call Us at 617-482-3800.

Adjusting your status is the first step toward becoming a permanent resident and eventually a citizen. For help navigating the process, call 617-482-3800 or contact us by email to schedule a low-cost consultation. Se habla español. Se Fala Português.