Send Us a Message

Contact Us
Call Us 617-482-3800

Harrington Law Offices
171 Milk Street
Suite 24
Boston, MA 02109
Fax: 617-778-0881
Map and Directions

Marriage Adjustment of Status

Spousal visa services in Boston, MA

We Help Foreign Spouses Obtain Their Green Card

Many people believe that by marrying a U.S. citizen, they will automatically be granted American citizenship. This is simply not true.

Like most immigration processes, application for permanent residency must be made through the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and involves filing of paperwork, documentation and - in the case of marriage adjustment status - an interview. While it might not be romantic, collection of all information and meeting timelines will help ensure that the application process goes as smoothly as possible.

At Harrington Law Offices, we understand how overwhelming U.S. immigration processes can be. We are here to make the process easier to navigate. We will work closely with you and your spouse to complete the marriage adjustment status process and secure the green card necessary to keep you or your spouse in the U.S.

When Is A Marriage Adjustment Of Status Required?

If you came to the U.S. as a visitor, student or on a work-related visa and have since married a U.S. citizen, you are able to apply for permanent residency. The first step is to apply for an adjustment of status. Adjusting your status is important because spouses have preferred status and are able to obtain green cards more quickly than other relatives.

Since 1994, attorney Daniel P. Harrington has helped individuals adjust their status to married and obtain the security of a green card. We have the experience and skills needed to take you through the entire adjustment of status procedure. When you come to us for help, we will:

  • Help the American-born spouse file an I-130 form
  • Help the foreign spouse file an I-485 adjustment of status form
  • Answer all questions about the process, including the medical exam, the necessary documentation, etc.
  • Handle all required filings for marriage adjustment of status in a timely manner
  • Make sure you are prepared by conducting a mock interview, including the types of questions most likely to be asked
  • Attend the adjustment of status interview with you

If you recently married a U.S. citizen, or if your spouse came to the U.S. before you were married, consider an adjustment of status to expedite the green card process. Contact Harrington Law Offices for help. Call 617-482-3800 or contact us by email to schedule a low-cost consultation with our lawyer. Se habla español. Se Fala Português.